Friday, October 5, 2012

The Name

So as David gave permission to keep the puppy he also announced she would need a new name.  You see, we were calling her Macy (along with Baby, Pup, Puppy, little one). It was a name her breeder (Carol) and I agreed upon (remember, she wasn't my dog).  I would have liked to call her Betty. I don't know why, I just like it. But Carol definitely didn't like it.  So I sent Carol a list, Mika, Macy and Rosa. Carol liked these names in that order. But I liked Macy the best, so that's what I started to call her.  David hated it....He couldn't remember it and generally thought it was stupid.

So, as soon as we knew we were keeping her, we began the arduous task of picking a name we could both agree on. I, of course, suggested Betty. NOPE, that wasn't gonna do. Then he suggest Bow....As in Bow and Arrow.  GREAT idea, but masculine. She was a sweet little girl.  How about Bowie then? It's girlie, but you could still say you had Bow and Arrow.  So Bowie it is! And truthfully, it fits her perfectly. And within a week she was turning towards her new name like she had had it forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment